Tuesday Night Buteyko Breathing Technique Class in Marin
The Buteyko Breathing Method is an alternative approach and is not the practice of medicine, psychology, or a form of psychotherapy, nor is it a substitute for seeking medical or psychological advice from an appropriate professional health-care provider. We want to make the important distinction between using the Buteyko Breathing Method for health and well-being and the practice of medicine, psychology or any other licensed health-care profession.
This educational course is designed to provide participants with the opportunity to:
- develop awareness of your unhealthy breathing patterns
- learn Buteyko Breathing exercises designed to help establish healthy breathing patterns
- learn strategies and breathing exercises designed to help with:
- asthma attacks
- allergic reactions
- panic attacks
- sleep disturbances
- stress and anxiety
- coughing fits
- colds, flu and infections
- understand the physiology of all these ailments and how they're related
- learn to recognize the symptoms of hyperventilation
- understand the primary role of hyperventilation in chronic conditions
- learn about the theory, philosophy and history of the Buteyko Method
- adopt dietary and lifestyle changes that make further improvement in your health
This class is typically the beginning of a journey.an exploration of what it will take you to get from your current state of health to optimum health through attention to breathing. It is mostly of interest to people with breathing issues, including asthma, allergies, anxiety and sleep disorders.
- At least 7.5 hours of live instruction (sometimes more based on the size and needs of a group)
- Course workbook
- Half-hour individual phone consultation two weeks after the last class.
$349 per person last time we ran the course.
Dates and Time
We'll start up again in the Fall. Schedule to be posted in August.
This is only one of several classes we offer in Marin, our home base. Check the schedule for details on other offerings, including a weekend course covering the same material and more introductory workshops on nasal breathing and breathing mechanics.