Healthy Breathing Habits Academy
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the Healthy Breathing Habits Academy training program (“the Program”) offered by Breathing Retraining Center LLC (the “Center”). This Agreement contains important information the Center needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Program you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The information presented during the Program, including handouts, self-evaluation questions, exercises, trainings, techniques, resources, ideas, instructions, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice.
2. The purpose of the Program is to teach participants about healthy breathing habits and to provide you with an opportunity to explore how breathing problems may or may not play a role in your life. By participating in the Program you understand you will be introduced to information about an alternative non-medical/non-psychological approach for creating healthy breathing habits (the “Approach”). The Approach is based on the concept that there is a difference between healthy breathing habits and less-than-optimal breathing habits. The Program also describes elements of healthy breathing habits, identifies possible symptoms and signs of poor breathing habits and provides breathing retraining exercises and techniques. The premise in applying the Approach is that it’s possible to normalize the breathing pattern to increase wellness. The Approach is based on the founding principles of the Buteyko Breathing Technique, created by Dr. Konstantin Buteyko, a Ukrainian physician and breathing researcher in the mid-20th century. The Approach was developed to address the underlying condition of over-breathing that is believed to be a cause of physical health issues and stress-related problems. You understand the Program is designed solely for your own personal use as an educational self-help tool.
3. Although the Approach and the Buteyko Breathing Technique appear to have promising mental, emotional, and physical benefits, they have yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, they are considered experimental. The Approach and the Buteyko Breathing Technique are self-regulated and the State of California does not license practitioners or teachers of the Approach or the Buteyko Breathing Technique and considers them to be alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed by the State of California. Due to the experimental nature of the Approach and the Buteyko Breathing Technique, and because they are relatively new healing approaches and the extent of their effectiveness, as well as their risks and benefits are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using the Approach and the Buteyko Breathing Technique and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Program.
4. Please be advised by participating in the Program it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort when using any of the exercises, techniques or trainings that are taught in the Program. You agree to stop any exercises or any other activity outlined in any of the Program materials should they inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you and to seek professional help, if needed. Please feel free to contact the Center if you have any questions or concerns about your experiences while participating in the Program.
5. You understand that participating in the Program and using the information contained therein, does not create a client-coach or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Center and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, coaching, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. While the developer of the Approach and the producer of the Program has extensive experience as an alternative healing arts practitioner, she is not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed health-care provider nor are her services licensed by the State of California.
6. Any information about the Approach or the Buteyko Breathing Technique contained in the Program is not intended to represent they are used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder nor are they intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice. In addition, you understand the information contained in the Program is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after using any of information contained in the Program it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary. The Center strongly advises that you seek professional advice as appropriate before making any health decision.
7. You acknowledge the Center owns all right, title, and interest, in and to the Program, including intellectual property rights, and the copyrights therein. Except as expressly authorized, you may not copy, adapt, alter, reproduce, modify, retransmit, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, communicate or make available to the public the Program, in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the Program
8. You understand the Center makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction as a result of your participation in the Program. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life. Due to the fact that the Program may include group discussions or processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality.
9. You understand your participation in the Program is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Program and that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to this Agreement for the benefit of a minor, be advised that you are fully responsible for said minor’s use of the information contained in the Program, including all financial charges and legal liability that said minor may incur. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns.
10. You agree and understand this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement sets forth the sole and entire understanding of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to this Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted
11. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to forever fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, the Center, its owners, members, principals, staff members, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, and others associated with the Center from any claim or liability whatsoever and for any damage or injury whether personal, financial, emotional, psychological or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time out a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Program.
12. Please indicate your acceptance and agreement by signing in the space provided below. If you are a minor, you shall have your parent or legal guardian consent to and join this Agreement by signing in the space provided below.
Signed: __________________________________ Date: _________________________
Print Name: _______________________________
I am the parent or legal guardian of the above-named minor, and I consent to the foregoing Agreement on behalf of said minor.
Signed: __________________________________ Date: __________________
Print Name: _______________________________
If you participating in the Program online, then please click that you have read, understand and agree to the contents of this Agreement before you make your purchase and email a signed copy to office@BreathingRetrainingCenter.com
I, _______________________________ understand and agree to all of the above.
© 2015 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Release & Participation Agreement by parties other than Breathing Retraining Center LLC is prohibited by federal law. Except for Breathing Retraining Center LLC purposes, no part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, for public and/or private use without permission in writing from Midge Murphy (email@example.com).